Relevance of Qualitative Research Approach in Evaluating Mental Health Interventions among Victims of Violence
2. Somasundaram D. Collective trauma in the Vanni-a qualitative inquiry into the mental health of the internally displaced due to the civil war in Sri Lanka. Int J Ment Health Syst. 2010 Jul 28;4:22.
3. Bass J, Poudyal B, Tol W, Murray L, Nadison M, Bolton P. A controlled trial of problem-solving counseling for war-affected adults in Aceh, Indonesia. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2012 Feb;47(2):279-91.
4. Bass JK, Annan J, McIvor Murray S, Kaysen D, Griffiths S, Cetinoglu T, et al. Controlled trial of psychotherapy for Congolese survivors of sexual violence. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jun 6;368(23):2182-91.
5. Bolton P, Bass J, Neugebauer R, Verdeli H, Clougherty KF, Wickramaratne P, et al. Group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in rural Uganda: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2003 Jun 18;289(23):3117-24.
6. Murray LK, Tol W, Jordans M, Sabir G, Amin AM, Bolton P, et al. Dissemination and implementation of evidence based, mental health interventions in post conflict, low resource settings. Intervention. 2014;12 Suppl 1:94-112.
7. Bisson JI, Roberts NP, Andrew M, Cooper R, Lewis C. Psychological therapies for chronic post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Dec 13;12:CD003388.
8. World Health Organization (WHO). mhGAP intervention guide for mental, neurological and substance use disorders in non-specialized health settings: Mental Health Gap Action Programme (mhGAP). Geneva: World Health Organization; 2010.
9. Saraceno B, van Ommeren M, Batniji R, Cohen A, Gureje O, Mahoney J, et al. Barriers to improvement of mental health services in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet. 2007 Sep 29;370(9593):1164-74.
10. Santaella-Tenorio J, Nieto-Gil L, Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Fandiño-Losada A, Gutiérrez-Martínez MI, Bass J, et al. Mental health problems and needs of survivors of torture and violence in the Colombian Pacific coast: a qualitative study in Buenaventura and Quibdo. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015.
11. Osorio-Cuellar G, Pacichana-Quinayáz SG, Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Fandiño- Losada CA, Gutierrez-Martinez MI. Perceptions about implementation of a narrative community-based group therapy for Afro-Colombians victims of violence. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015.
12. Pacichana-Quinayáz SG, Osorio-Cuellar G, Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Fandiño-
Losada CA, Gutierrez-Martinez MI. Common elements treatment approach based on a cognitive behavioral intervention: implementation in the Colombian Pacific. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015.
13. Bass JK, Bolton PA, Murray LK. Do not forget culture when studying mental health. Lancet. 2007 Sep 15;370(9591):918-9.
14. Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Osorio-Cuellar G, Pacichana-Quinayáz SG, Sanchez- Renteria G, Fandiño-Losada CA, Gutierrez-Martinez MI. Do not forget culture when implementing mental health interventions. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Enforcement of copyright
The IJMS takes the protection of copyright very seriously.
If the IJMS discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, the IJMS may bring legal proceedings against you seeking reparation and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of the IJMS' copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to email@example.com