The IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research and an Overview of the IJMS Volume 10 Issue 2
Keywords:Medical students, Medical education, Conference, Research, Medical students research
We introduce the first IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research as a unique opportunity for medical students and early-career scientists around the globe to share the results of their research in an online worldwide platform, aimed at increasing accessibility to research for medical students and creating bonds of collaborations between participants and future scientists and leaders of medical research education. This is also the second issue of the 10-year anniversary of the Journal, and we describe in summary the published research and experiences of this issue.
Moraes D, Jotz M, Menegazzo W, Menegazzo M, Veloso S, Christ Machry M, et al. Interest In research among medical students: Challenges for the undergraduate education. Rev Assoc Médica Bras. 2016;62:652-8.
Mallonee S, Fowler C, Istre GR. Bridging the gap between research and practice: a continuing challenge. Inj Prev. 2006;12(6):357-9.
Assar A, Matar SG, Hasabo EA, Elsayed SM, Zaazouee MS, Hamdallah A, et al. Knowledge, attitudes, practices and perceived barriers towards research in undergraduate medical students of six Arab countries. BMC Med Educ. 2022;22(1):44-55.
Liblik K, Garcia-Espinosa P, Nahian A, Chatterjee S, G?man MA, Egan C, et al. Medical Student Research Journals: The International Journal of Medical Students (IJMS) Legacy. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(1):9-14.
Manan MR, Liblik K, Barrera FJ, Egan C, Puyana JC, Bonilla-Escobar FJ. Thinking Globally in the Pursuit of Individual Identity: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the International Journal of Medical Students (IJMS). Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):112-4.
Yousef, M. Khandalavala, B. The Diet Quality of Medical Students in the United States during the Early COVID-19 Pandemic. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):158-64.
Jezzini-Martinez S, Martinez-Garza JH, Quiroga-Garza A, Zrate-Garza PP, Jacob-Baca G, Gutierrez-De la O J, et al. Burnout Among First-Year Medical Students During COVID-19 Pandemic in Mexico: A Cross-sectional Study. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):180-4.
Topolski M, Soti V. Effects of COVID-19 on Multiple Sclerosis Relapse: A Comprehensive Review. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):192-201.
Hotez E, Ayoub A, Rava J, Jawadi Z, Rosenau KA, Taiclet L, et al. Medical Students’ Perceptions, Knowledge, and Competence in Treating Neurodivergent, Disability, and Chronic Illness (NDCI) Populations: Results from a Cross-Sectional Study, Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):148-57.
Fusillo TF. Mental Illness and Addiction: Lessons from the County Hospital Inpatient Psychiatric Ward. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):210-1.
Manchanayake MM, Malsirini TGM, Vithanage AM, Jayawardene D. Prevalence and Correlates of Internet Gaming Disorder Among an Advanced Level Student Population from Colombo, Sri Lanka. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):165-74.
Conroy, M. Chilaka, J. Colucci, G. The Education of Medical Students in Human Factors – A National Survey. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):119-28.
Ding JB, Xialo XL, Merhavy ZI, Fahim D, Merhavy CE, Varkey TC. A Comparison of Australian and American Medical School Admission Experiences. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):212-14.
Liu B, Hodge A, Jushka C, Hueston WJ. A Pilot Study of Reducing Test anxiety in a Cohort of Underrepresented in Medicine MCAT Students Using Near-Peer Coaching. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):139-47.
Hirt G, Gushken F, Gomes da Silva GB, Heringer DL, Gomes de Mello LC, Malheiro DT, Makdisse M. Medical Students’ Awareness About Value-Based Health Care in Brazil: A Cross Sectional Study. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):129-38.
Delgado Sanchez JD. Experience of a Medical Intern in a Secondary Healthcare Hospital in Mexico. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):215-7.
Srinivas A, Yii M, Smith J. Comparative Review of Large Animal Models for Suitability of Proximal Aortic Endovascular Repair. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):185-91.
Beale, JW. Durward-Diioia M. Clinical Considerations in the Approach to Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci: A Narrative Review. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):202-9.
Alebaji MB, Elzini TH, Shahin HBA, Suleiman ABM, Richard H, Dali RIA. Knowledge, Prevention, and Practice of Heat Strokes Among the Public in the United Arab Emirates. Int J Med Stud. 2022;10(2):175-9.
BBC News. Middle East. Life at 50C: Qatar accused of under-reporting deaths in Gulf's killer heat. Available from: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-middle-east-61711468. Last updated Jun 9, 2022; cited: Jun 22, 2022.
IJMS Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement. Available from: https://ijms.info/IJMS/Diversity_statement. Last updated: Mar 1, 2022; cited: Jun 22, 2022.
- 2022-07-12 (2)
- 2022-06-30 (1)
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Francisco J. Bonilla-Escobar, Cesare Mercalli
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site; with the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a prepublication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from the Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
Enforcement of copyright
The IJMS takes the protection of copyright very seriously.
If the IJMS discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, the IJMS may bring legal proceedings against you seeking reparation and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of the IJMS' copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to email@example.com
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org