IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research, Oct 7th, 2023
The International Journal of Medical Students (IJMS) has a longstanding history of uninterrupted operation, with its primary objective being to function as a prominent platform for the dissemination of scientific research among early-career scientists in the field of medicine. This extends beyond the customary dissemination of scholarly papers to facilitate the active involvement of medical students in research endeavors and offering them a medium to showcase their findings.
In order to maintain the global promotion of medical student research, the IJMS has made the decision to host a virtual research conference. This conference will provide an opportunity for medical students and recent medical school graduates (within three years of graduation) to present their research findings to an international audience.
The IJMS places significant emphasis on recognizing the significance of early-career scientists within the field of medical research. The IJMS aims to offer a platform for researchers to showcase their work and receive recognition from their peers through an upcoming conference. The objective of medical students convening and exchanging their research experiences is to foster a heightened level of involvement in research among medical students and to advance the worldwide empowerment of medical students in terms of research proficiency and aptitude. Based on current information, it appears that there are currently no international research conferences specifically tailored for medical students available on platforms like the IJMS. Additionally, there is a lack of conferences organized and managed by medical student organizations. However, the forthcoming conference endeavors to address this gap in the field.
Watch the 2022 conference here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JIMP5Fyl7s
- The Top 10 presentations will be awarded: a certificate and the opportunity to have a fast-track peer-reviewing process of their full paper towards publication in an issue of the IJMS
- Award: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for Best Research Presentation at the WCMSR based on judge score.
- Award: 1st and 2nd place for Best Case Report presentation at the WCMSR based on judge scores.
- Award: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for highest score during the abstract revision process for original research.
- Award: 1st and 2nd place for highest score during the abstract revision process for case reports.
- Award: Most-liked by the public.
- All the abstracts accepted for presentation in the WCMSR will be published in Volume 11 Supplement 1 (December 16th, 2023), each with its own digital object identifier (DOI).
Read more at: https://ijms.info/IJMS/article/view/1580
WCMSR Editions : IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research
2nd IJMS WCMSR: October 7, 2023
- Director: Prakash Gupta, Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation College of Medicine, San Carlos City, Pangasinan, Philippines.
- Deputy Director: Wah Praise, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Buea, Cameroon
- Director of Abstracts: Lorraine Sebopelo, University of Botswana, Botswana.
- Director of Logistics: Shane Darbar, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Director of Marketing and Communications: Malina Cernatescu, Grigore T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iasi, Romania.
IJMS WCMSR Handbooks:
- Handbook #1
- Published: August 9th 2022
IJMS WCMSR info-session:
- Youtube Info Session
- Published: August 27th, 2022
Navigating the Conference: