IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research, Oct 7th, 2023
The Internal Journal of Medical Students (IJMS) has worked for a long, uninterrupted time with a primary aim to serve as the main scientific diffusion platform for early-career scientists in medicine. This expands beyond the routine publication of manuscripts to empowering medical students' engagement in research and providing a platform for them to display their work.
Keeping the spirit of nurturing medical student research worldwide alive, the IJMS has decided to organize an online Research Conference where medical students and recent graduate physicians (up to 3 years of graduation) can present their research to an international audience.
The IJMS strongly believes in the importance of early-career scientists in medical research. The IJMS, therefore, through the upcoming conference, provides the opportunity for the aforementioned to have visibility and peer valuation of their work. As medical students gather together and share their research experiences, the hope is that there will be consequential increased engagement in research among medical students and a step forward towards the global empowerment of medical students with research skills and competence. To the best of our knowledge, there are no global research conferences for medical students on a platform such as the IJMS nor one organized and run by a medical student organization; the upcoming conference aims to change this issue.
- The Top 10 presentations will be awarded: a certificate and the opportunity to have a fast-track peer-reviewing process of their full paper towards publication in an issue of the IJMS
- Award: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for Best Research Presentation at the WCMSR Original Research based on judge score.
- Award: 1st and 2nd place for Best Case Report presentation at the WCMSR based on judge scores.
- Award: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for Highest score during the abstract revision process for Original Research.
- Award: 1st and 2nd place for Highest score during the abstract revision process for Case Reports.
- Award: Most-liked by the public.
- All the abstracts accepted for presentation in the WCMSR will be published in Volume 11 Supplement 1 (December 16th, 2023), each with its own digital object identifier (DOI).
Read more at: https://ijms.info/IJMS/article/view/1580
IJMS WCMSR Handbooks:
- Handbook #1
- Published: August 9th 2022
IJMS WCMSR info-session:
- Published: August 27th, 2022
Navigating the Conference: