Relevance of Qualitative Research Approach in Evaluating Mental Health Interventions among Victims of Violence
2. Somasundaram D. Collective trauma in the Vanni-a qualitative inquiry into the mental health of the internally displaced due to the civil war in Sri Lanka. Int J Ment Health Syst. 2010 Jul 28;4:22.
3. Bass J, Poudyal B, Tol W, Murray L, Nadison M, Bolton P. A controlled trial of problem-solving counseling for war-affected adults in Aceh, Indonesia. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2012 Feb;47(2):279-91.
4. Bass JK, Annan J, McIvor Murray S, Kaysen D, Griffiths S, Cetinoglu T, et al. Controlled trial of psychotherapy for Congolese survivors of sexual violence. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jun 6;368(23):2182-91.
5. Bolton P, Bass J, Neugebauer R, Verdeli H, Clougherty KF, Wickramaratne P, et al. Group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in rural Uganda: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2003 Jun 18;289(23):3117-24.
6. Murray LK, Tol W, Jordans M, Sabir G, Amin AM, Bolton P, et al. Dissemination and implementation of evidence based, mental health interventions in post conflict, low resource settings. Intervention. 2014;12 Suppl 1:94-112.
7. Bisson JI, Roberts NP, Andrew M, Cooper R, Lewis C. Psychological therapies for chronic post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Dec 13;12:CD003388.
8. World Health Organization (WHO). mhGAP intervention guide for mental, neurological and substance use disorders in non-specialized health settings: Mental Health Gap Action Programme (mhGAP). Geneva: World Health Organization; 2010.
9. Saraceno B, van Ommeren M, Batniji R, Cohen A, Gureje O, Mahoney J, et al. Barriers to improvement of mental health services in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet. 2007 Sep 29;370(9593):1164-74.
10. Santaella-Tenorio J, Nieto-Gil L, Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Fandiño-Losada A, Gutiérrez-Martínez MI, Bass J, et al. Mental health problems and needs of survivors of torture and violence in the Colombian Pacific coast: a qualitative study in Buenaventura and Quibdo. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015.
11. Osorio-Cuellar G, Pacichana-Quinayáz SG, Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Fandiño- Losada CA, Gutierrez-Martinez MI. Perceptions about implementation of a narrative community-based group therapy for Afro-Colombians victims of violence. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015.
12. Pacichana-Quinayáz SG, Osorio-Cuellar G, Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Fandiño-
Losada CA, Gutierrez-Martinez MI. Common elements treatment approach based on a cognitive behavioral intervention: implementation in the Colombian Pacific. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015.
13. Bass JK, Bolton PA, Murray LK. Do not forget culture when studying mental health. Lancet. 2007 Sep 15;370(9591):918-9.
14. Bonilla-Escobar FJ, Osorio-Cuellar G, Pacichana-Quinayáz SG, Sanchez- Renteria G, Fandiño-Losada CA, Gutierrez-Martinez MI. Do not forget culture when implementing mental health interventions. Cali (Colombia): Cisalva Institute - Universidad del Valle; 2015
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site; with the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a prepublication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from the Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
Enforcement of copyright
The IJMS takes the protection of copyright very seriously.
If the IJMS discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, the IJMS may bring legal proceedings against you seeking reparation and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of the IJMS' copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to email@example.com
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org