Cardionephrology: A Widespread Discipline for 21th Century Medical Students and Young Nephrology Residents
2. Johnson, G. On the disease of the Kidney. John Park Son Lond. 1852; 131.
3. Gull WW. On the Pathology of the Morbid State Commonly Called Chronic Bright’s Disease with Contracted Kidney... Medico-Chir Trans Garrison Morton. 1872; 37:4215.
4. Volhard F, Fahr, T. Die Brightscht Nierekrankheit. Klinik, Pathologie und Atlas. Springer, Berlin. 1914; 115–43.
5. Goldblatt H, Lynch J, Hanzal RF, Summerville WW. Studies on experimental hypertension: I. The production of persistent elevation of blood pressure by means of renal ischemia. J Exp Med. 28 febbraio 1934; 59(3):347–79.
6. Timio M. XIII Congresso Societa’ Italiana di Cardiologia 1956, in Trieste and the birth of cardionephrology. G Ital Nefrol. 2007; 24(6):600–4.
7. Monasterio G, Gigli G, Donato L, Muiesan, G. La Cardiopatia Renale. Atti Soc Ital Cardiol. 1956; XVIII Congresso, Trieste:7–56.
8. Jahn H, Massry S, Ritz E, Weidmann P. Cardiocirculatory Function in Renal Disease. Basel: S Karger Ag; 1984.
9. Wizemann V, Kramer W, Schütterle G. The heart in end-stage renal failu¬re: etiology, symptoms, and management of uremic heart disease. Basel: Karger; 1986.
10. Timio M, Venanzi S. Cuore e rene. Abetre Edizioni. Milano; 1987.
11. Ronco C, Haapio M, House AA, Anavekar N, Bellomo R. Cardiorenal syn¬drome. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52(19):1527–39.
12. Rivera R, Floccari F, Di Lullo L, Granata A, Logias F, D’Amelio A, et al. La malattia renale cronica e il trattamento dello scompenso cardiaco, il ruolo del cardionefrologo. Tecniche Nefrologiche e Dialitiche. 2012;1(24):82-94.
13. Bellasi A, De Pascalis A, Di Lullo L, Ferramosca E, Rivera R, Timio M. GdS di Cardionefrologia: attualità e prospettive future. G Ital Nefrol. 2013. 30 (2):1-3.
14. Di Lullo L, Floccari F, Santoboni A, Barbera V, Rivera RF, Granata A, Morrone L, Russo D. Progression of cardiac valve calcification and decline of renal function in CKD patients. J Nephrol. 2013;12;26(4):739-44.
15. Di Lullo L , Floccari F, Rivera R, Barbera V, Granata A, Otranto G, Mudoni A, Malaguti M, Santoboni A, Ronco C. Pulmonary Hypertension and Right Heart Failure in Chronic Kidney Disease: New Challenge for 21st-Century Cardio¬nephrologists. Cardiorenal Med. 2013;3:96-103.
16. ECOCARDIOGRAFIA 2013. XVI Congresso Nazionale, Società Italiana di Ecografia Cardiovascolare (SIEC). Available at: http://www.siec.it/congresso/ index.php
17. KARNEF 2013. 1st Southeastern Europe Cardionephrology and Hyperten¬sion Congress. Available at: http://www.karnef.org/cms/index.php/en/
18. Floccari F, Granata A, Rivera R, Marrocco F, Santoboni A, Malaguti M, et al. Echocardiography and right ventricular function in NKF stage III chronic kid¬ney disease: Ultrasound nephrologists’ role. J Ultrasound. 2012;15(4):252–6.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site; with the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a prepublication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from the Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
Enforcement of copyright
The IJMS takes the protection of copyright very seriously.
If the IJMS discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, the IJMS may bring legal proceedings against you seeking reparation and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of the IJMS' copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to email@example.com
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org