New Issue Published at the International Journal of Medical Students
It is our pleasure to share the latest issue of the International Journal of Medical Students (IJMS). After 10 years of continuous publications, we are proudly announcing our new Student Editors Editorial Team as well as congratulating Dr. Duha Shella for being the first Student Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Medical Students. This year, we will be applying to PubMed Central and continue working to improve the work that we are doing with medical students across the globe.
We are very pleased to announce that preparations for the first IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research (WCMSR), to be held on October 7th, 2023 in the IJMS YouTube channel (view last year's conference here), are in full swing. Medical students and recent graduates (up to 3 years after graduation) can present their research to a global audience.
The abstract submission system will be open soon. We invite you to explore this opportunity. If you are interested in participating in this competition, please go through the conference rules and regulations in preparation to submit your abstracts. If you have any queries or need assistance, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this issue, we are sharing early-career scientists' research from all over the world. Topics include medical education, COVID-19, public health issues, and general medicine topics. We hope you enjoy this issue as we did in its preparation.
- Global Needs and Barriers for Medical Research Education: Initiatives to Solve the Physician-Scientist Shortage Marc R. Schneider, Abdelrahman M. Makram, Esther Bassey, Mihnea-Alexandru Găman, Ciara Egan, Juan C. Puyana, Francisco J. Bonilla-Escobar
- De-Epithelialization Protocol with Tapered Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Concentrations Enhances Short-Term Chondrocyte Survival in Porcine Chimeric Tracheal Allografts Kevin Xiang Zhou, Fabio Gava Aoki, Alba Marin, Golnaz Karoubi , Siba Haykal, Thomas K. Waddell
- The Association of Blood Banks per City with Mortality Due to Traumatic Hemorrhagic Shock in Colombia: A Population-Based Analysis Alejandro Munoz-Valencia, Francisco J. Bonilla-Escobar, Juan C. Puyana
- Accuracy and Precision of Actigraphy and SMARTwheels for Measuring Push Counts Across a Series of Wheelchair Propulsion Trials in Non-disabled Young Adults Hunter Soleymani, Brenda Jeng, Beshoy Abdelmessih, Rachel Cowan, Robert W. Motl
- Beck’s Depression Inventory II Suicidal Ideation in Medical Students – Prevalence and Associated Factors Lea Keuch, Lilith Pukas, Nadja Rabkow, Emilia Ehring, Tordis Kindt, Carolin Rehnisch, Angelina Pelzer, Patricia Lamlé, Stefan Watzke
- Medical Students’ Attitudes and Influential Factors Towards Conducting Medical Research Bassam AlRajhi, Ibrahim Omer, Reema Abualnaja, Faisal Alqahtani, Alqassem Y. Hakami
- Contamination of Clinical White Coats with Potential Pathogens and their Antibiotic Resistant Phenotypes Among a Group of Sri Lankan Medical Students Harshana Daraniyagala, Omesh Dahanayake, Amila Dasanayake, Pramod Dayarathna, Sevwandi Dayarathna, Kusal Dayasiri, Devmini De Silva, Sachie De Silva, Nipuni De Silva, Dinushi De Silva, Dinushika De Zoysa, Rasadani Dissanayake, Asela Ekanayake, Gihani Vidanapathirana, Veranja Liyanapathirana
- Leadership Training in Undergraduate Medical Education: A Systematic Review Mallory A. Evans, Eric J. James, Misa Mi
- Myasthenia Gravis Exacerbation Following COVID-19 Vaccine: A Case Report Thoybah Yousif Ibrahim Gabralla, Hayat Abdoallah Ahmed Bashir, Omaima Abdalla Hajahmed Mohamed
- Windswept Deformity from Pseudogout: A Diagnostic Challenge of an Extreme Presentation, A Case Report Yuki Julius Ng, Kauseliya Velanthren
- Hypercoagulability and Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis due to Protein C Deficiency. A Case Report Wilson S. Peñafiel-Pallares, Camila Brito-Balanzátegui, Jaime David Acosta-España
- Women in Science: A Student Workshop at a University in Mexico Daniela C. González-Cruz, Sofía Jezzini-Martínez, Paloma C. Leyva-Camacho, Ilse Janeth De la Rosa-Rodríguez, Andrea Flores-Rodríguez, Karina Raygoza-Cortez, Mariana García-Leal
- Acquiring Medical Statistical Competencies in a Demanding Evidence-Based World: Thoughts and Experience from a Student Statistical Team in a Mexican Academic Center Carlos de la Cruz-de la Cruz, Humberto de León-Gutiérrez, Juan Manuel Millán-Alanís, Andrea Judith Bautista-Gómez, Braulio Hernán Velasco-Sepúlveda, Adrián González-Martínez, Neri Alejandro Álvarez-Villalobos
- “Passengers, May I Have Your Attention Please...” – The Airport Diaries of Young COVID-19 Warriors Shweta Gajare, Alhad Mulkalwar
- Navigating Research Enthusiasm in Medical Students Towards Clinically Impactful Articles Muhammad Abdul-Qadeer, Danish Ramesh, Samar Mahmood
- Errata: Volume 10; Issue 4, 2022 Executive Committee of the International Journal of Medical Students