Research as a Student: Is It Worth a Try? An Insightful Experience from a Middle Eastern Student
2. Lewis SJ, Orland BI. The importance and impact of evidence-based medici¬ne. J Manag Care Pharm. 2004 Sep ;10(5 Suppl A):S3–5.
3. Dorsch JL, Perry GJ. Evidence-based medicine at the intersection of re¬search interests between academic health sciences librarians and medical educators: a review of the literature. J Med Libr Assoc. 2012 Oct;100(4):251–7.
4. Liabsuetrakul T, Suntharasaj T, Tangtrakulwanich B, Uakritdathikarn T, Porn¬sawat P. Longitudinal analysis of integrating evidence-based medicine into a medical student curriculum. Fam Med. 2009 Sep;41(8):585–8.
5. Shakoor MT, Ayub S, Ayubs Z. Research : A Pathway Towards a Good Curri¬culum Vitae. Int J Med Students. 2013;1(1):46–7.
6. Madan CR, Teitge BD. The Benefits of Undergraduate Research: The Stu¬dent’s Perspective. The Mentor: An Academic Advising Journal. 2013 May: 1-3.
7. Russell SH, Hancock MP, McCullough J. The pipeline. Benefits of undergra¬duate research experiences. Science. 2007 Apr 27;316(5824):548–9.
8. Burgoyne LN, O’Flynn S, Boylan GB. Undergraduate medical research: the student perspective. Med Educ Online. 2010 Sep 10;15.
9. Costello A, Zumla A. Moving to research partnerships in developing coun¬tries. BMJ. 2000 Sep 30;321(7264):827-9.
10. Moloney A. Latin America faces hurdles in health research. Lancet. 2009 Sep 26;374(9695):1053-4.
11. Miron G, Sorensen K. Strengthening educational research in developing countries. Report of a seminar held at the Royal Swedish Academy of Scien¬ces, Stockholm, 12-14 September 1991. International Institute for Educational Planning, Unesco, 1991. Stockholm, Sweden. p. 211.
12. Bonilla-Velez J, Peña-Oscuvilca A, Sahin I, Córdoba-Grueso WS, Fernan¬dez-Zapico ME. The International Journal of Medical Students, a Platform for Medical Student Research Worldwide. Int J Med Students. 2013;1(1):6-7.
13. Lopatto D. Science in solution: The impact of undergraduate research on student learning. Science in Solution: The Impact of Undergraduate Research on Student Learning. Research Corporation for Science Advancement; 2009.
14. Handelsman J, Pfund C, Lauffer SM, Pribbenow CM. Entering mentoring: a seminar to train a new generation of scientists. Ethics in Science and …. Wisconsin Program for Scientific Teaching; 2005.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site; with the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a prepublication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from the Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
Enforcement of copyright
The IJMS takes the protection of copyright very seriously.
If the IJMS discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, the IJMS may bring legal proceedings against you seeking reparation and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of the IJMS' copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to email@example.com