Role of Medical Students in Disseminating Scientific Knowledge - The First IJMS WCMSR
Sarabipour S, Khan A, Seah YFS, Mwakilili AD, Mumoki FN, Saez PJ, et al. Changing scientific meetings for the better. Nat Hum Behav 2021;5:296–300.
Hauss K. What are the social and scientific benefits of participating at academic conferences? Insights from a survey among doctoral students and postdocs in Germany. Research Evaluation Jan 2021;30(1):1–12.
Oester S, Cigliano JA, Hind-Ozan EJ, Parsons ECM. Why Conferences Matter—An Illustration from the International Marine Conservation Congress. Frontiers in Marine Science 2017;4:2296-7745.
Mair J, Lockstone-Binney L, Whitelaw PA. The motives and barriers of association conference attendance: Evidence from an Australasian tourism and hospitality academic conference. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management 2018;34:58-65.
Klemeš, J.J. Scientific conferences: organisation, participation and their future. Clean Techn Environ Policy. 2016;18:347–349.
Osiek BA, Xexeo G, Vivacqua AS, de Souza JM. Does conference participation lead to increased collaboration? A quantitative investigation. 2009 13th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design. 2009;642-647. DOI:doi: 10.1109/CSCWD.2009.4968131.
Puccinelli E, Zeppilli D, Stefanoudis PV, Wittische-Helou A, Kermorgant M, Fuch S, et al. Hybrid conferences: opportunities, challenges and ways forward. Front. Mar. Sci. 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2022.902772.
Raby CL, Madden JR. Moving academic conferences online: Aids and barriers to delegate participation. Ecol Evol. 2021; 11: 3646– 3655.
Sarabipour S, Schwessinger B, Mumoki FN, Mwakilili AD, Khan A, Debat HJ, et al. Evaluating features of scientific conferences: A call for improvements. bioRxiv. 2020.04.02.022079
Nahian, A., Suteja, R. C., Shellah, D., Egan, C., Găman, M.-A., & Bonilla-Escobar, F. J. (2022). The State of Learning Patterns within Medical Education in a Post-pandemic World: Reflection from IJMS Authors and an Overview of the IJMS Volume 10 Issue 3. International Journal of Medical Students, 10(3), 233–235.
Mujanovic, A., Kipkorir, V., Mercalli, C., Dhali, A., Shah, P., Velandia, C., Egan, C., Găman, M.-A., Puyana, J. C., & Bonilla-Escobar, F. J. (2022). The IJMS World Conference of Medical Student Research and an Overview of the IJMS Volume 10 Issue 2. International Journal of Medical Students, 10(2), 115–118.
Veyg D, Gurevich R. Analyzing the cost of medical student virtual conference registration by specialty during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Osteopath Med 2021;121(11):843-48.
Otieno M, Ndung’u B, Kigera J, Kaisha W, Kimanthi C, Obimbo M. Morphometry of Placentae of Anemic and Non-anaemic Preeclamptic Patients. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S89.
Albazee E, Ahmed Soliman A, Albakri K, Elbanna M, Moussa NA, Faragalla HM. Efficacy of Rectal Misoprostol Versus Oxytocin on Reducing Blood Loss During Cesarean Section: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S91.
Leavitt L. Determining the Ability of the Vision, Aphasia, and Neglect (VAN) Stroke Scale to Identify Large Vessel Occlusion Strokes within the Prehospital Setting: A Prospective Cohort Study. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S102.
Peñafiel-Pallares WS, Brito-Balanzátegui C. Hypercoagulability and Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis due to Protein C Deficiency. A Case Report. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S96.
Kolte R, Gnyloskurenko G. A Case Report of Rare Type of Chorea with Hypoxic-Ischemic Insult. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S103.
Cyrus Kimanthi C, Moses Obimbo M, Kirsteen Awori K, Mohamed Otieno M, Talha Chaudhry T. Correlation between Placental Histomorphology and Umbilical Cord Coiling Index in Preeclampsia. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S122.
Dandge S, Kanumuri M, Eppalapally AK. The Impact of Covid-19 on People’s Access to Healthcare and Health Behavior in a Sample of Indian Population: A Cross-sectional Study. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S124.
Khan A, Mutalik NR, Kulkarni H, Manjula R. Health-care Seeking Pathways of Psychiatry Patients in North Karnataka of India - A Hospital-based: Exploratory Cross-sectional Study. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S111.
Okwunze KF, Iyawe EP, Agughalam IP, Yahya A, Awoyomi P, Metajuwa-kuda E. Gender Differences in Attitude and Barriers to Research by Medical Undergraduate Students in Nigeria. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S105.
Mićić A, Radojević S, Rasulić L. Peroneal Nerve Injury due to Hip Surgery Located at the Knee Level: A Case Report. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S115.
Pinel-Guzmán E, Martínez-Fernandez J, Pinel-Dubón R, Gradis-Santos O1, Santamaría-Vasquez M. Harlequin Color Change in a Neonate Positive to Covid-19: Case Report. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S117.
AlRajhi B, Omer I, Abualnaja R, Alqahtani F, Hakami AY. Medical Students’ Attitudes and Influential Factors Towards Conducting Medical Research. IntJMedStud 2022;10(Suppl1):S113.
- 2023-02-20 (2)
- 2022-12-31 (1)
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Francisco J. Bonilla-Escobar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site; with the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a prepublication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from the Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
Enforcement of copyright
The IJMS takes the protection of copyright very seriously.
If the IJMS discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, the IJMS may bring legal proceedings against you seeking reparation and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of the IJMS' copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to email@example.com